Waiver and Release Agreement
- I am not aware of any medical condition I have/my child has that should preclude me/my child from participating in dance and/or aerial activities. I understand there is a definitive risk of injury associated with dancing and/or performing aerials, and that such injuries include, but are not limited to bruises, dislocations, broken bones, torn or damaged muscles and ligaments, paralysis, and even death. I understand that such injuries may be caused in whole or in part by myself, or by the actions or inactions of other students or instructors.
- In consideration of being accepted for dance instruction by the Bolshoi Ballet Academy and in further consideration of the expertise and achievements of instructors at the Bolshoi Ballet Academy and the limited number of students that may be accepted by the Bolshoi Ballet Academy, I agree to all of the following, which shall bind me, and also my heirs, assigns executors, and administrators:
- a. I/My child agree(s) to immediately stop performing any activity if I/they feel any pain, dizziness, light-headedness, or any other symptoms, and to immediately report those symptoms to the instructor. I/they also agree to carefully follow the instructors’ directions, to ask for additional directions if I/they do not understand any particular activity, and to immediately stop any activity which I/they believe I am/they are not competent or confident enough to perform.
- b. To the fullest extent permitted by law, I agree and represent that I assume the risk and responsibility for any and all injuries to myself/my child that I/they sustain while performing any dance or aerial activities, including any and all costs and damages that are a consequence of such injuries, and whether such injuries, costs and damages were caused in whole or in part by the Bolshoi Ballet Academy for students, or instructors, or the Artistic/Program Director.
- c. To the fullest extent permitted by law, I agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless the Bolshoi Ballet Academy and their instructors, agents, employees, contractors, clients, and students, from and against all claims, costs, damages, losses and expenses, including but not limited to attorney’s fees, arising out of or resulting from my/my child’s performance or other participation in any dance or aerial activities, regardless of whether or not such claim, cost, damage, loss or expense, was caused in part by a party indemnified hereunder.
I have fully read and agree to all of the above, and I make this agreement and the representations herein in order to induce the Bolshoi Ballet Academy to accept me/my child as a student for dance instruction.
Limited Use Photographic Release
For, and in consideration of, my/my child’s engagement as a student/model by the Bolshoi Ballet Academy – (hereafter referred to as “the School”) , on terms hereinafter stated, I hereby give the School, their legal representatives and assigns, those for whom the School is acting, and those acting with their permission, the right to copyright and/or use, reuse and/or publish, and republish the photographic pictures and/or video of me/my child taken during the course of my/my child’s study at the School or at any School performances.
I hereby waive any right to inspect or approve the finished photograph(s) and/or videos prior to publication. I hereby release, discharge and agree to hold harmless the School, their representatives, assigns, or any other person or persons, corporation or corporations, for whom they might be acting, including any firm publishing or producing and/or distributing the finished product, in whole or in part, from and against any liability as a result of its publication or distribution of the same.
I certify that I/my child suffer under no legal disabilities and that I have read the foregoing release, authorization and agreement, before affixing my signature below, and warrant that I fully understand the contents thereof.
Tuition Refund Policy
All tuition and fees paid to the school are non-refundable after they have been paid regardless of whether or not the program in question has begun. The only exception to this policy is illness and/or injury sustained by a student prior to the start date of the student’s program. For an injury and/or illness sustained 4 weeks or more prior to the start date of the program, the student/parent must write a letter explaining the situation and submit medical documentation of the injury and/or illness including a note from the treating doctor stating that the student cannot participate due to injury and/or illness. The Russian Ballet International office must receive this documentation no later than 4 weeks prior to the start of the program. Submission of all documentation within the allotted time period will entitle the student/parent to a credit of tuition paid less a $100 processing fee. Registration fees are non-refundable. Housing, Travel, Chaperone and Resident Fees are non-refundable under any circumstances. Failure to submit the proper paperwork in the allotted time will result in forfeiture of any possible credit.
PARENTAL AUTHORIZATION FORM
This form must be completed and signed by all students, and the parents of students under the age of 18. The phone numbers and e-mail addresses provided on this form will be used when/if Bolshoi Ballet Academy needs to contact the student/parent.
Name of Student: Age of Student:
Date of Birth: / / Student Email:
Student Cell Phone: Parent’s Phone Number:
– Both roommates must mutually request each other on their respective forms.
– NO ROOMMATE REQUESTS ARE GUARANTEED.
Name: Dates Attending:
Name: Dates Attending:
PLEASE NOTE: There are several required boxes you must check. Please read each item carefully.
The following authorization is required for the student to live in a housing facility during the summer intensive. It must be completed and signed by both the student and a parent if the student is under the age of 18. No parent signature is required for a student 18 or over, but the form MUST be filled out.
□ I authorize my son/daughter to be allowed out alone (without a Bolshoi Ballet Academy staff member) during the daylight hours until 9 PM.
□ I authorize my son/daughter to be allowed out after 9pm with an official Bolshoi Ballet Academy staff member/RA/chaperone. (You must check this box if you plan on allowing your child to attend any extracurricular activities.)
□ I do not authorize my son/daughter to be allowed out after 9PM.
I, the undersigned authorize my son / daughter / self (if over 18) to be anesthetized if required by a Hospital Physician and the Bolshoi Ballet Academy is unable to contact me/my parent.
Date of latest tetanus injection:
Please indicate whether your son / daughter has any allergies (medications, food, etc):
Please indicate any medical conditions Bolshoi Ballet Academy staff and resident advisors should be aware of:
Please list all prescription medication taken by your son/daughter (Please include any special dosage instructions & necessary storage requirements):
□ I understand that if any of the rules and regulations of the housing facilities are broken by the student, the Head Resident Advisor reserves the right to dismiss the student and send him/her home without refund or recourse.
□ I, (the student), agree to abide by all rules and regulations set in place by the housing facility staff. (REQUIRED)
□ I understand that the The Bolshoi Ballet Academy is not liable for stolen or damaged personal items while staying in a housing facility. (REQUIRED)
The Bolshoi Ballet Academy is not liable or responsible for the negligence of or for the acts of others. Students, parents/legal guardians of minor students and any other person or entity covered by this Agreement hereby agrees that The Boshoi Ballet Academy should not be liable for the act of any other person, including but not limited to any roommate, invitee, friend or neighbor of the housing facility residents or The Bolshoi Ballet Academy staff or Resident Advisor. The student, parent of minor students and/or legal guardian, as well as any other person or entity signing this Agreement, agrees that The Bolshoi Ballet Academy shall not, and cannot, be held liable for any negligence or acts of these others, including but not limited to any negligence in the placement of the student with a particular host or residence or roommate.
This Agreement shall be interpreted in accordance with the Laws of the State of New York. The student and/or parent/guardian of a minor student, or any other entity or person signing this Agreement, hereby agrees to submit to the personal jurisdiction of the State of New York, The Russian Ballet International / Bolshoi Ballet Academy. Any litigation between the parties to this Agreement, for any reason or cause, including the alleged breach of this Agreement or otherwise, shall only be brought in the Supreme Court State of New York, New York County.
Date: / /
Date: / /