METHOD OF TEACHING CHARACTER DANCE
FOR BEGINNER CLASSES
at the Bolshoi Ballet Academy
March 20-24, 2024
CHARACTER DANCE, LEVEL 2,
VAGANOVA SYLLABUS (11+ y.o.), ONLINE
Live from the Bolshoi Ballet Academy Studios
16:00-17:30* Wednesday to Friday (March 20, 21 and 22, 2024)
16:00-19:00* Saturday and Sunday (March 23 and 24, 2024)
*UTC/GMT +3 hours
- Bolshoi Ballet Academy Vaganova curriculum (11+ y.o.) Beginners, Level 2
- Practical classes with Academy’s full-time faculty methodologist
- Simultaneous translation into English (Japanese, Spanish and Italian by request)
- Live Demonstration by Bolshoi Academy Students
- A syllabus of the program is included as part of handout
- Original piano accompaniment music recording is included as part of handout
- Written and video examinations
- Official certificate
- Non-certified option available
- The seminar’s aim is to reach a systematic, consequent, and methodically complete preparation for the career of dance teacher by following the professional training Programs of the Bolshoi Ballet Academy of Moscow. This course is taught by Aleksandr Pshenitsin, the leading character dance teacher of Bolshoi Ballet Academy, member of faculty curriculum development for character dance.
Beginner Classes, Level 2
Character Dance. Bolshoi Ballet Academy Training.
For more information:
Establishing the professional foundation, vocabulary and special techniques for the teaching method of character dance for beginner levels.
Creation of character dance vocabulary
Learning barre and center class combinations
Establishing and working with different character dance styles and manners.
Establishing the power of the gesture.
Mastering artistic expression.
Developing an understanding of elements of each dance etude.
Learning simple dances and understanding the culture.
Relating the information to both female and male students at the same time.
This program is presented by Aleksandr Pshenitsin
Aleksandr Pshenitsin graduated from the Bolshoi Ballet Academy in 1995,
and immediately was accepted into the Bolshoi Ballet Theater where he became a soloist dancer.
He worked at the Bolshoi Theater until 2019, dancing classical and character solo repertoire in ballets Nutcracker, Sylphide, Cipollino, Spartacus, Sleeping Beauty, Giselle, Golden Age, Daughter of the Pharaoh and others.
He worked with choreographers: Grigorovich, Vasiliev, Lavrovsky, Ratmansky, Pierre Lacotte, Roland Petit and others.
Aleksandr has been a member of the full-time faculty of the Bolshoi Ballet Academy since 2016.
He taught master classes in Character Dance in Brazil, South Korea and New York City.
Aleksandr is a published author whose work can be found in such magazines as Higher Education Today and World Science and Culture Education
Course Fee: Character Dance, Vaganova Syllabus for Level 2 (11+ y.o.)
$1000 USD (certificate)
$ 700 USD (no certificate)