METHOD OF TEACHING CHARACTER DANCE
FOR BEGINNER CLASSES
at the Bolshoi Ballet Academy
December 13-17, 2023
CHARACTER DANCE, LEVEL 1,
VAGANOVA SYLLABUS (10+ y.o.), ONLINE
Live from the Bolshoi Ballet Academy Studios
16:00-17:30* Wednesday – Friday (December 13, 14 and 15, 2023)
16:00-19:00* Saturday and Sunday (December 16 and 17, 2023)
UTC/GMT +3 hours
- Bolshoi Ballet Academy Vaganova curriculum (10+ y.o.) Beginner level
- Practical classes with Academy’s full-time faculty methodologist
- Simultaneous translation into English (Japanese and Spanish by request)
- Live Demonstration by Bolshoi Academy Students
- A syllabus of the program is included as part of handout
- Original piano accompaniment music recording is included as part of handout
- Written and video examinations
- Official certificate
- Non-certified option available
- The seminar’s aim is to reach a systematic, consequent, and methodically complete preparation for the career of dance teacher by following the professional training Programs of the Bolshoi Ballet Academy of Moscow. This course is taught by Master Teacher Svetlana Tigleva, the leading character dance teacher of Bolshoi Ballet Academy, member of faculty curriculum development for character dance.
Beginner Classes, Level 1
Character Dance. Bolshoi Ballet Academy Training.
For more information:
Establishing the professional foundation, vocabulary and special techniques for the teaching method of character dance for beginner levels.
Creation of character dance vocabulary
Learning barre and center class combinations
Establishing and working with different character dance styles and manners.
Establishing the power of the gesture.
Mastering artistic expression.
Developing an understanding of elements of each dance etude.
Learning simple dances and understanding the culture.
Relating the information to both female and male students at the same time.
This program is presented by Svetlana Tigleva
Svetlana Tigleva graduated from the Bolshoi Ballet Academy in 1985 and joined the Bolshoi Theatre where she eventually became a soloist. Some of her roles include Bolero, the Gypsy Dance and three Spanish Dances in “Don Quixote”, Persica in “Prince Igor”; Mazurka and Krakowiak in “Ivan Susanin”; the Matador in “La Traviata and many others.
Svetlana has been teaching character dance, jazz and modern dance since 2000. She has over 20 years of teaching experience and has worked with such renowned artists and educators as V.V. Vasiliev, N.R. Simachev, G.B. Sitnikov, A.G. Boguslavskaya, and Y.G. Malkhasyants.
Svetlana has been a teacher at the Bolshoi Ballet Academy since 2016.
Course Fee: Character Dance, Vaganova Syllabus for Level 1 (10+ y.o.)
$1000 USD (certificate)
$ 700 USD (no certificate)