METHOD OF TEACHING CLASSICAL BALLET
FOR BEGINNER CLASSES
Bolshoi Academy Teacher Training Seminar
June 5-9, 2024
YEAR 1, BEGINNER CLASSES,
VAGANOVA SYLLABUS (10-11 y.o.), ONLINE
Live from the Bolshoi Ballet Academy Studios
featuring master teacher Ekaterina Trunina
16:00-17:30* Wednesday-Friday; (June 5, 6 and 7, 2024)
16:00-19:00*, Saturday-Sunday; (June 8 and 9, 2024)
*UTC/GMT +3 hrs
- Bolshoi Ballet Academy curriculum
- Practical classes with Academy’s full-time faculty methodologist
- Live demonstration by Academy’s students
- Simultaneous translation in English (Japanese and Spanish by request)
- Q&A after each session
- Official certificate
- Written and video examinations
- Non-certified option available
- A syllabus of the program is included as part of handout
- Original piano accompaniment music recording is included as part of handout
- The seminar’s aim is to reach a systematic, consequent, and methodically complete preparation for the career of ballet teacher by following the professional training Programs of the Bolshoi Ballet Academy of Moscow. This course is taught by Ekaterina Trunina, the leading teacher of Bolshoi Ballet Academy.
Year 1 Bolshoi Ballet Academy Training.
Barre, Center, Allegro, Pointe work
Establishing the professional foundation for teaching method of Classical Ballet for beginner classes at Bolshoi Ballet Academy.
Development of motor skills, spatial awareness, coordination and musicality.
Examination of the positions of the legs, arms and back for the beginner training. Covering the development of the exercise at the barre, center and petit allegro in Vaganova technique for the 1st grade
Live demonstration by Academy Students.
Teacher Training Course Fees
1 Week Intensive Training Program
$1000 USD (certified tier)
$ 700 USD (non-certified tier)
The participants of the certified tier of the program will be offered an exam and an assignment that will be checked by the Academy teachers.
If the exam is passed successfully, you will receive a certificate of completion signed by the Dean of the Bolshoi Academy, stating your attendance and the result of the exam. The certificate comes in the form of a digital file and will be sent to your email address.
Master Teacher Ekaterina Trunina
Ekaterina was born and raised in Moscow. She graduated from Bolshoi Ballet Academy in 1999. She had joined the Stanislavsky Ballet Theatre where she had become a soloist ballerina and performed with the company until 2008. Ekaterina had performed numerous roles in such ballets as The Sleeping Beauty, Coppelia, The Nutcracker, Giselle and Scheherazade.
In 2003, Ekaterina had received a Teaching Degree from Bolshoi Ballet Academy Higher Education department and was promoted to a full time professorship at the Bolshoi Academy in 2014.
Miss Trunina had traveled extensively to Korea, USA, Italy and Spain as a master teacher for Bolshoi Ballet Academy workshops and master classes.
In 2022 Ekaterina Trunina defended her thesis on “Stage Practice in Dance School Training”. She is supervisor of students from the professional retraining programs for “Ballet Pedagogy” of the Bolshoi Ballet Academy.