METHOD OF TEACHING CLASSICAL PARTNERING
FOR BEGINNER CLASSES
at the Bolshoi Ballet Academy
December 15-18, 2022
LEVEL 1, VAGANOVA SYLLABUS (14+ y.o.), ONLINE
Live from the Bolshoi Ballet Academy Studios
16:00-17:30* December, 15-16
16:00-19:00* December, 17-18
* Moscow Standard Time; UTC/GMT +3 hours
- Bolshoi Ballet Academy Vaganova curriculum (14+ y.o.) Beginner level
- Practical classes with Academy’s full-time faculty methodologist
- Simultaneous translation into English (Japanese and Spanish by request)
- Live Demonstration by Bolshoi Academy Students
- A syllabus of the program is included as part of handout
- Original piano accompaniment music recording is included as part of handout
- Written and video examinations
- Official certificate
- Non-certified option available
- The seminar’s aim is to reach a systematic, consequent, and methodically complete preparation for the career of ballet teacher by following the professional training Programs of the Bolshoi Ballet Academy of Moscow. This course is taught by Georgi Gusev, the leading pas de deux teacher of Bolshoi Ballet Academy and chair of the partnering faculty curriculum development.
Classical Partnering. Bolshoi Ballet Academy Training.
Parterre and en l’air partnering techniques.
For more information:
Establishing the professional foundation, vocabulary and special techniques for the teaching method of classical partnering for beginner levels.
Development of physical strength.
En l’air and parterre vocabulary.
Techniques of hand support for male and female students
Developing perfect coordination and “stage” relationship between male and female students. Transforming relationship into movement.
Creating a perfect balance for the pointe work. Establishing safe environment.
Relating the information to both female and male students at the same time.
Developing ballet vocabulary for achieving the goal of classical pas de deux.
This program is presented by Professor Georgi Gusev
Georgi Gusev graduated from the Bolshoi Ballet Academy in 1979, class
of famous maestro P.A. Pestov. He, then worked in the Bolshoi Theater
and became a ballet soloist.
In 1989 Mr. Gusev became a choreographer and entered GITIS
Conservatory in the workshop of Vasiliev V.V. and Maksimova E.S. He
graduated in 1992. In the same year, he became a diploma winner at the
International Ballet Masters Competition. He staged 6 ballets in Ufa,
Since 2005, Georgi started teaching classical ballet and pas de deux
at the Bolshoi Ballet Academy where he teaches to this day.
From 2014 to 2021, he participated in the Bolshoi Academy Summer
Programs in New York, USA. He taught classical ballet, repertoire and
Many students from Georgi’s pas de deux class become ballet stars in
Russia and abroad. Ovcharenko Artyom, Tsvirko Igor, Zakharov Denis
(Bolshoi Theatre); Daniel Rubin (Eifman Theatre); Zagrebin Dmitry
(Swedish Opera) and others.
Course Fee: Classical Partnering, Vaganova Syllabus for Level 1 (14+ y.o.)
$1000 USD (certificate)
$ 700 USD (no certificate)