METHOD OF TEACHING CLASSICAL BALLET
FOR INTERMEDIATE CLASSES
Bolshoi Academy Teacher Training Seminar
February 14-18, 2024
YEAR 4, Intermediate classes
VAGANOVA SYLLABUS (13-14 y.o.), ONLINE
Live from the Bolshoi Ballet Academy Studios
16:00-17:30* Wednesday, Thursday and Friday (February 14, 15 and 16, 2024)
16:00-19:00* Saturday and Sunday (February 17 and 18, 2024)
*UTC/GMT +3 hrs
- Bolshoi Ballet Academy Vaganova curriculum (14+ y.o.) Intermediate level, Year 5
- Practical classes with Academy’s full-time faculty methodologist
- Simultaneous translation into English (Japanese and Spanish by request)
- Live Demonstration by Bolshoi Academy Students
- Official certificate
- A syllabus of the program is included as part of handout
- Original piano accompaniment music recording is included as part of handout
- Non-certified option available
- Written and video examinations
- The seminar’s aim is to reach a systematic, consequent, and methodically complete preparation for the career of ballet teacher by following the professional training Programs of the Bolshoi Ballet Academy of Moscow. This course is taught by Natalia Revich, PHD,the leading methodologist and curriculum adviser for the Higher Education Department for the Bolshoi Ballet Academy.
Year 5 Bolshoi Ballet Academy Training. 14+ Y.O
Barre, Center, Allegro, Pointe work
For more information: email@example.com
Working on aplomb during the execution of the demi-point and pointe technique in grand poses.
Increasing physicality and endurance of the students.
Further development of legs strength and ability.
Tour lent in grand positions.
Preparation for pirouettes in grand positions.
En tournant exercises at the center.
Continuing to master pirouettes technique.
Teaching batteries with finishing on one foot in petite allegro.
Introduction to teaching grand allegro.
Improving and mastering expressiveness and flexibility of the body and arms.
This program is presented by Professor Natalia Revich, PHD.
Revich Natalya Igorevna
Natalya Igorevna Revich is Professor of Classical Dance Department of Moscow State Academy of Choreography, Honoured Cultural Worker of Russian Federation. In 1969 Natalya Igorevna graduated from Bolshoi Ballet Academy where she studied under G.N. Kiryllova. From 1969 to 1988 she was the soloist of Moscow Academic Musical Theatre named after K.S Stanislavsky and V.I. Nemirovich- Danchenko.
From 1988 until now Natalya Igorevna has been teaching in Bolshoi Ballet Academy. In 2006 she completed a post–graduate course at Moscow State Academy of Choreography.
In 2017 she was awarded the title of “Honoured Cultural Worker of the Russian Federation” (Presidential decree of 17 August 2017).
Natalya Igorevna takes an active part in rehearsing with the students in order to prepare them for solo and group performances at professional practice concerts, tours of Bolshoi Ballet Academy and performances of the Bolshoi Theatre of Russia. She regularly holds Master Classes and gives lectures on the methodology of classical dance both in Russia (Yakutsk, Novosibirsk, Kazan, Sochi) and abroad (Japan, Singapore, South Korea, Ireland, USA). Revich is involved in the development of programs and methodology for the educational syllabus at Moscow State Academy of Choreography.
Teacher Training Seminar Onilne
1 week Intensive
$1000 USD (certificate)
$ 700 USD (no certificate)