METHOD OF TEACHING HISTORICAL DANCE
FOR BEGINNER CLASSES
AT THE BOLSHOI BALLET ACADEMY
November 8-12, 2023
HISTORICAL DANCE, LEVEL 1,
VAGANOVA SYLLABUS (10+ y.o.), ONLINE
Live from the Bolshoi Ballet Academy Studios
16:00-17:30* Wednesday, Thursday and Friday (November 8, 9 and 10, 2023)
16:00-19:00* Saturday and Sunday (November 11 and 12, 2023)
*UTC/GMT +3 hours
- Bolshoi Academy Historical Dance, Vaganova curriculum (10+ y.o.) Beginners, Level 1
- Practical classes with Academy’s full-time faculty methodologist
- Simultaneous translation into English (Japanese, Spanish and Italian by request)
- Live Demonstration by Bolshoi Academy Students
- A syllabus of the program is included as part of handout
- Original piano accompaniment music recording is included as part of handout
- Written and video examinations
- Official certificate
- Non-certified option available
- The seminar’s aim is to reach a systematic, consequent, and methodically complete preparation for the career of dance teacher by following the professional training Programs of the Bolshoi Ballet Academy of Moscow. This course is taught by Maria Isplatovskaya, a teacher of historical dance at the Bolshoi Ballet Academy.
Beginner Classes, Level 1
Historical Dance. Bolshoi Ballet Academy Training.
For more information:
Historical Dance is a separate discipline in choreographic education.
It’s studied in junior and senior levels, emphasizing acting skills.
Early training instills elementary artistic skills and partner interaction.
Students learn stage behavior through Historical Dance.
Training includes 19th-century ballroom dances
Historical Dance fosters artistic, social, and expressive abilities.
It improves coordination and strengthens muscle groups less involved in other dance forms.
Allows mastery of various dance styles from different eras, enriching performance capabilities and skills.
This program is presented by Maria Isplatovskaya
Maria Isplatovskaya is a highly accomplished dancer and instructor. She completed her professional ballet education at the Bolshoi Ballet Academy, followed by a degree later on, specializing in Performing Arts Management with a focus on the History and Theory of Choreographic Art.
Throughout her career at the Bolshoi Theatre, Maria took on a variety of notable roles in ballet productions, including “Don Quixote,” “Swan Lake,” “The Nutcracker,” “Raymonda,” “Romeo and Juliet,” “La Sylphide,” and more. She has been recognized as the first performer in certain roles, such as Venus in the dance scene from the opera “Adrienne Lecouvreur” and Aloiza de Gondeloria in “Esmeralda.”
Maria Isplatovskaya teaches Historical Dance at the Bolshoi Ballet Academy. She has also actively participated in academic conferences, including a conference for postgraduates at the Bolshoi Academy and the international conference on contemporary artistic education.
Course Fee: Historical Dance, Vaganova Syllabus for Level 1 (10+ y.o.)
$1000 USD (certificate)
$ 700 USD (no certificate)