METHOD OF TEACHING CLASSICAL BALLET
FOR BEGINNER CLASSES
Bolshoi Academy Teacher Training Seminar
YEAR 3, VAGANOVA SYLLABUS (12-13 y.o.)
Live from the Bolshoi Ballet Academy Studios
Registration open; Dates will be announced soon
16:00-17:30* Wednesday, Thursday and Frida
16:00-19:00* Saturday and Sunday
* Moscow Standard Time (UTC+3 )
- Bolshoi Ballet Academy curriculum
- Practical classes with Academy’s full-time faculty methodologist
- Live demonstration by Academy’s students
- Simultaneous translation in English (Japanese and Spanish by request)
- Official certificate
- A syllabus of the program is included as part of handout
- Original piano accompaniment music recording is included as part of handout
- Non-certified option available
- Written and video examinations
- The seminar’s aim is to reach a systematic, consequent, and methodically complete preparation for the career of ballet teacher by following the professional training Programs of the Bolshoi Ballet Academy of Moscow. This course is taught by Professor Tatiana Ryzhova, the leading methodologist of Bolshoi Ballet Academy and a supervisor of courses on the methodology of teaching classical dance for the beginner and intermediate levels.
Year 3 Bolshoi Ballet Academy Training.
Barre, Center, Allegro, Pointe work
For more information: email@example.com
Establishing the professional foundation for teaching method of Classical Ballet for beginner classes at Bolshoi Ballet Academy.
Development of the perfect balance.
Introduction of the demi-pointe to the exercises at the center.
Acceleration of the pace of movements.
Introduction to movements en tournant, petit allegro with batterie and on pointe.
Building expressiveness and musicality.
This program is presented by Professor Tatiana Ryzhova
Tatiana Ryzhova was born in Vladivostok. In 1988 she graduated from the Perm State Choreographic School in the class of teacher L.G. Ulanova After graduation she performed solo parts of the classical repertoire and leading parts in the ballets of the modern repertoire.
Tatiana participated in productions of the ballets Green and Opus X by Stanton Welsh, Between Heaven and Earth by Trey Mackintyre, Lea by Alexei Ratmansky.
Since 2009, Tatiana has been a professor at the Department of Classical Dance at the Bolshoi Ballet Academy.
She is currently the supervisor of diploma works for students of the pedagogical faculty, magistracy and the department of additional education of the Bolshoi Ballet Academy. She also teaches classical ballet and supervises courses on the methodology of teaching classical dance for the beginner and intermediate levels.
As a ballet teacher of the Bolshoi Academy, Tatiana conducted master classes in Italy (Turin, 2013), Japan (Osaka, 2014), was a member of the jury of a ballet competition in Japan (Tokyo, 2014). In 2014-2021 worked on the RAF BBASI summer program in the USA.
She had also taught courses in classical dance methodology for beginner and intermediate levels and middle grades in New York.
In 2019, she completed her postgraduate studies at the Moscow State Academy of Arts with a degree in Art Studies (Ballet Studies). Author of a number of articles on the history of choreographic art, published in the scientific journals.
Tatiana is happy to lead the international body of teachers and dance enthusiast during our online workshops designed to establish the connection to the unique style of teaching Vaganova syllabus at the Bolshoi Ballet Academy.
Course Fee: Teacher Training Seminar, Vaganova Syllabus Year 3 (12-13.y.o.)
1 week Intensive
$1000 USD (certificate)
$ 700 USD (no certificate)
You can register for a one week time period